Most adults understand the importance of estate planning. Without a trust, the distribution of a person's assets after death is typically more expensive and burdensome than with a will. More importantly, the deceased person's desires and intent will not determine where assets alone go if they do not have any estate planning complete. A properly executed trustis a foundational piece of an estate plan that can accomplish that goal.
With the correct documents, you can plan for a preferred guardian of minor children in case of the death of both parents. A will can incorporate a trust and express wishes regarding a funeral. Lane Law Group, Inc., in Rancho Palos Verdes, assists clients of many income levels in creating and updating estate planning documents, including:
- A simple will or a complex will
- One or more trusts, which may include a special needs trust, a generation-skipping trust, irrevocable trusts, or other types for specific purposes.
- One or more powers of attorney, including a health care power of attorney
- A heath care directive (sometimes called a "living will") clarifying wishes with regard to life support and other issues that may come into play during a health crisis or incapacity
Estate planning lawyer Byron R. Lane can help you clarify and document your wishes through these legal instruments. He is prepared to explore issues that matter most to you, such as:
- Ways to reduce or eliminate estate tax liabilities
- Ways to protect assets from creditors after death
- Consideration of property tax issues in light of California's Proposition 13
- Planning for charitable giving
Most people approach estate planning with a desire to provide for loved ones, avoid legal hurdles such as conservatorships during one's lifetime, minimize estate taxes and facilitate a smooth transition of assets from one generation to the next. Some are also concerned about business succession planning. Lane Law Group, Inc., customizes legal services to meet the needs and priorities of clients.
Is It Time To Create Or Update Your Will Or Trust And Other Essential Documents? Lane Law Group, Inc., In Rancho Palos Verdes, Is Here To Help.
Put a comprehensive estate plan in place for your peace of mind and preservation of your legacy. Request a consultation with an estate planning lawyer at Lane Law Group, Inc., by calling 424-570-5605 or sending an email message. We pledge to reply promptly.